Sunday, June 21, 2009

HAPPY FATHERS DAY--My Pa, His Girl, and Their Kids

Together, Forever - the promise they made!

As one looks at a life, from the limited perspective that we have been afforded, one may see the purpose and inner strivings of an individual. It is difficult for us mortals to see afar off, but in looking back on the seeming long, long road that we travel, we can more clearly see the divine help we have received or dearly needed.

The purpose for the sore trials placed in our path becomes more clear, and we pale at the thought of what might have been, or we recognize the footprints in the sand beside us that speak volumns about the love of Him in whom we have trusted. If we see clearly, we know that our path was more treacherous than one we could have negotiated on our own, and our gratitude and love grows for Him, while we recognize the goal and purpose of our life. If our vision is clouded by vanity and self righteousness we do not see His hand in much of anything, nor recognize His comforting arms around us, or His gentle encouragement and boundless love.

Looking at the life of my father, I see the overall purpose of his life; woven subtly within the fabric of his life are the patterns designed by God and tested by man. They consist of the dailyness of life, and embrace work, family, love and gratitude. I'm thankful for the pa I was given to interact with up close and personal, and even though he struggled to communicate his purposes, as we all do, I can clearly see the beautiful tapestry he has woven. Thanks, dad!

Quentin in Delta -- age 6


Bill in uniform -- about 1945

Girl of his dreams, hiding out in Cali -- about 1945
The Family Grew -- about 1966
Those left at Home -- about 1980
Here we are again -- about 1995
MaPa and the Girls -- May 2006
MaPa and the Boys -- May 2006

HANGIN' OUT 2005 -- NAUVOO
POPEYE & OLIVEOIL 2006--TROLLEY SQUARE
OTTLEY REUNION 2007 - GOOSEBERRY OTTLEY REUNION 2008 -- PROVO, UTAH
Still Smilin' -- Payson 2009
A message from PA to us ALL -- I love my family!

1 comment:

Robyn said...

That was a nice post pa. I love your pa too and am thankful to be a part of his posterity. I wasn't sure if all of the photos in your slideshow were of you. Now seeing that first picture on here of grandpa as a young boy, I think I may have put him in there by mistake. haha Oh well, it still turned out nice. Luf you