
Hey dad, Happy Birthday! We'd be having a party about now, if you could have waited a bit longer to leave. You know, like the party we had last year at our house--here's a photo of you smiling as you left our place, after telling family of your love. You said that a lot during the last two months of your life. "I love my family", you'd say; we knew you wanted us to know that, and it sure helped us during that difficult time.

We've been trying to keep mom smiling also, and show her our love. We know you were concerned about her when you left. We worry about her, but as you know she is strong and knows how to pray for help. We have visited her often and called her to find out how she's doing--sometimes we feel like we're a little too "bossy" for her, but we think she really likes it--we sure do love her, and will continue to help her all we can!
A lot has happened since you passed through the veil that separates our existence during "this life", from the experience you are now having. Based on the life you lived while here, we believe you are in a place called Paradise, where happiness abounds, and you are at rest from all care and sorrow. Sounds nice! We knew a lot about your cares and sorrows during the last months of your life while your spirit and body were united, and we all felt so bad for you. We know you are doing well! Have you seen Jeremy yet? Who greeted you when you're spirit departed this mortal world? Have you received any assignments yet?

One special thing that happened after you left, was the baptism of one of your great grandson's. Here's a photo of Jordan and his mom after the baptismal service. Baptism always makes us happy--see Jordan's smile! I remember when you baptized me in West Jordan; cousin Jerry's father had passed away, so you baptized him and me on that day. You and mom became more active in the Church during the time we lived in West Jordan, and it was a new experience for us to attend meetings as a family. Thanks!

About a month after you passed on, another perplexing event occurred in our family. A little angel, another of your great grandchildren, who was given the name of Eden Anne, was stillborn. Juli and Arik held a graveside service, and dedicated the grave site--here's a photo of the little casket. There are many perplexing things that occur from pre-existence, through mortality and on into your new sphere. We're excited to gain more knowledge!
During your funeral, I introduce the concept that your castle, chariots, lands and possessions would take on a new look. Most of us visited the homestead during Memorial Day weekend and did a little rearranging--hope you approve! The cares and sorrows you left behind have now become the concerns of your dear companion, our mom, and we're helping her to rearrange some things. Here are a few photos that show the renovation project in full swing. We also visited the resting spot for your mortal body--a peaceful spot, in the little town that we all love! Don't know what happens on your birthday there, but the memory of you will pass through all of our minds on June 9th and forever until we meet again.












4 comments:
Wow, what a project. Wish we could have come help with the clean-up. I love you.
Wonderful letter. Brought the lump in the throat as usual and if I had tears they would have been shed for sure. I cannot believe all of those horse-shoes!!! Great work, it's looking good! Love you pop.
That was a nice letter, Pa. Thanks for the lump in my throat too. I miss Grandpa, it's neat though, because I have felt his presence lately. Just watching over my shoulder. Love you Dadio
I don't know how I missed your B-day letter but I finally got to read it and as usual it was superb. Your a good son from a good family with a good family. Love ya Bro.
Post a Comment